Tuesday, July 14, 2009

God First

On yesterday, I decided that I would ask for forgiveness for not putting God first. This is clearly one of his first commandments, "Thou shall have no other gods before me", Exodus 20:3. I really didn't realize how I had put the comfort of sleeping ahead of Him, night after night. Sleep became a small god. It was so precious to me that I wanted it more than taking the time to read, study and meditate on His word. This only made me powerless to overcome any device that came against me. So I renewed my mind and now I challenge you to take an inward inventory to find out what person, place, thing, thought or idea have you put first in your life while neglecting the One who gives you life.
Lastly, Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be added to you. (Matt. 6:33)
Thank you Lord for changing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment