Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers

On Sunday we  celebrated Father's Day all across the  world.  It  was indeed a very special occasion that caused me to  go  back  and remember all the father  figure men that played a significant role in  my life as a  child and as  an adult.   Well  my biological father  wasn't  in my life while growing up.  I was blessed  to have uncles who took the time to  teach, discipline and love me into  the  woman I have become today.  Oftentimes, we miss out because  no  one  takes  the responsibility to help the  single mom out  with her child  or children.  When you  have men  that see a  need and put  forth an effort  to make a difference  in the lives of children with  absent fathers, it  can be a lifesaving opportunity  for that  child.  I am  speaking  from experience.  I know that  without the  love  and  support of  my uncles, I  would've  fallen into  more traps set up by guys than you  could  imagine.  That didn't happen to often. I  am appreciative to have loving uncles in my life.  They  have assisted me in making decisions that  transformed  my life.
Today I  am  also grateful to have a wonderful relationship with my biological father.  It is an amazing feeling to connect with your real dad and find things out  about  yourself  that you have always  questioned.  I am truly blessed to  have  a loving and supportive dad  who  adores me for just being me. For any  of you who  have not  had the  privilege to  have a father or  father figure in  your  life, there is  hope for you. God our Father is a Father to the fatherless. (Ps. 68:5a)  There  is  comfort, love, support, quidance,  rebuke, and  instruction all  in Him just for  you.   His love for you is so great that He sent his only Son  to die  for you,  so   you  could live free, happy, whole and blessed over  and beyond your  wildest dreams.  
Receive and Accept Our  Heavenly Father into your heart.  He will never leave or forsake you. (Heb. 13:5b)

No comments:

Post a Comment